Tuesday 10 September 2024

Colonel Shuffle's Mississippi Boys in 28mm

Colonel Shuffle leads his Mississippi Boys forward.




 







A while ago a purchased what was then the latest of the Osprey 'Blue Book' rulesets: Rebels and Patriots. Trouble was I didn't have an appropriate collection to game with it, so when I chanced upon the Perry's Battle in a Box set featuring the ACW, I ordered it. This, in spite of the fact that I already have full 6mm and 10mm ACW armies! But I thought that the new Perry's would fit perfectly into the R&P concept.







Rebels and Patriots encourages you to come up with 'company' sized commands under a specific leader (not that we gamers pay too much attention to what is often a core concept of some rules). So, I've come up with an initial company, "Colonel Shuffle's Mississippi Boys"  Why not?

The odd thing about these sculpts is the while the Union figs have what might be called a 'fine, upstanding' posture to them, the Confederates look like they are shambling along with an ape-like lope. A message somewhere there from Perry's?

The ape-like lope.












I've painted up about 30% of the box, with more to come.


"Be there anyone man enough to tangle with Colonel Shuffle? Well? Be there?"
















No comments:

Post a Comment