Friday 22 February 2019

'Busted Drum' Unit Status Markers


Featured are a couple of photos of shot up drum unit status markers.

As a general rule I tend to use things like poker chips, beads, etc. etc, as markers, but I could no longer stand up to scorn inflicted by fellow gamers. So I produced some busted drums from the bits box.

The War of the Spanish Succession kit from Wargames Factory gives you about a million of them. The drums come in two halves, one half of which has the drummer's arm holding the drum. The arm was cut away with a utility knife, which left a gaping hole in the side of the drum.  This simply adds to the 'shot up with grape' look.

I thought I might have to toss the superfluous arms, but in fact they held up quite well, and can still be used as arms in slings, or whatever.

The bases are also from Wargames Factory kits.

I was thinking of heating up a pin and poking grapeshot holes into the drums, but decided against it!



No comments:

Post a Comment